2017 MONTECRISTO BY AJ FERNANDEZ HUMIDOR CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, FLORIDA, HAWAII, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, NEW YORK, RHODE ISLAND AND VIRGINIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
- ELIGIBILITY: The 2017 Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Humidor Contest (“Contest”) begins at 12:00:01 am ET on 1/16/17 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 2/13/17 (“Contest Period”). Contest is open to: (i) legal residents of the continental United States and D.C., (except for residents of Alaska, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Rhode Island and Virginia are ineligible to participate) and (ii) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older on or prior to 1/16/17. Void in AK, FL, HI, MA, MI, NY, RI and VA, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and Sponsor’s affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising agencies, legal representatives, promotion and judging agencies and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, and siblings) and persons living in the households of each are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER: Subject to the limitations below and herein, during the Contest Period, you will receive a raffle ticket each time you purchase a box of Montecristo by AJ Fernandez cigars at one of the participating retail locations and submit information, to the extent required, that identifies you at that retail location. Alternatively, you can enter by hand-printing your name, complete home address, daytime phone number, date of birth, the address of your chosen participating retail location and the words “2017 Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Humidor Contest” on a 3” x 5” card. Mail the 3” x 5” card to “2017 Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Humidor Contest,” Casa de Montecristo, Attn: Addis de la Fuente, 5900 N Andrews Avenue, Suite 600, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309. Each 3” x 5” card must be submitted in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope. IMPORTANT: All mail-in entries must be postmarked by 2/13/17 and received by 2/17/17. Subject to limitations below and herein, each mail-in entry will receive one (1) raffle ticket and each household is limited to one (1) mail-in entry. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage due entries and such entries will be void. Entries will not be carried forward from or to any other contest or sweepstakes operated by Sponsor. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Only fifty (50) raffle tickets are available for each participating retail location, and only fifty (50) raffle tickets are available for mail-in entries. Raffle tickets will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis to prospective entrants making qualifying purchases or sending mail-in entries.
- WINNER SELECTION: Up to one (1) Grand Prize winner and six (6) Second Place Prize winners will be selected among the participating retail locations in the following manner. On 2/18/17 each participant will be required to visit the participating retail location in which they either (i) purchased the box of Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Humidor or (ii) identified in their mail-in entry, and present their raffle ticket. Upon receipt of the raffle ticket from the participant, the participant will be given a key. If that key opens the identified treasure chest at the participating retail location, the key inside the treasure chest will open the prize humidor which will contain either a Grand Prize or Second Place Prize. In the event that any Prize winner is determined to be ineligible, fails to show up at the appropriate retail location on the designated date to present their raffle ticket, or is otherwise unable to claim his or her prize, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may award the Prize to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible entries or participants, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- PRIZE: Grand Prize: 100 Cigar Spanish Cedar-lined Humidor made in Ireland by Manning Humidors plus a $5,000.00 JR Cigars or Casa De Montecristo gift card (ARV: $6,200.00); Second Place Prize: 100 Cigar Spanish Cedar-lined Humidor made in Ireland by Manning Humidors plus a $1,000.00 JR Cigar or Casa De Montecristo gift card Second Prize: Montgomery Humidor (ARV: $2,200.00) (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”). The Grand Prize, $5,000.00 gift card will expire on 9/1/17. Each Second Place Prize, $1,000.00 gift card will expire on 6/1/17. Each potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and sign a release. Approximate retail value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $6,200.00 and Second Place Prize is $2,200.00. The actual value may vary. Any difference between the estimated value and the actual value will not be awarded. The Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash. The Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of a Prize is offered. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received and raffle tickets distributed during the Contest Period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All determinations made by Sponsor with respect to the Contest, the Prize or the interpretation of the Official Rules are final and binding. By participating in this Contest, entrants: (a) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor (which decisions shall be final and binding in all respects), including without limitation decisions regarding eligibility, winners and the interpretation of terms used in these Official Rules; (b) represent and warrant that all information provided by entrant in connection with the Contest is true, accurate and complete; and (c) agree to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event of any conflict between any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in any Contest advertising materials, the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void in AK, FL, HI, MA, MI, NY, RI, VA, and where prohibited. If requested by Sponsor, potential Prize winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, an IRS Form W-9, a Liability Release and, where permitted, a Publicity Release at the time of receipt of the Prize, or, at Sponsor’s option, within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of such forms from the Sponsor. Failure to comply with such requirements, if requested by Sponsor, shall result in the Prize being forfeited, or if already received by the Prize winner, in the Prize being returned to Sponsor, and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Failure to comply with these requirements for any reason may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all applicable local, state, or federal taxes on prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries, reproductions and photocopied entries, or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. No responsibility is assumed for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged, garbled, illegible or postage due entries; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any participating retailer’s web site or any combination thereof; (iv) inability, for any reason, to be present at the participating location to present the raffle ticket on the designated date or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. Failure to comply with these official rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the Contest any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; (ii) suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest and (iii) substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If Contest is terminated before the end date, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, determine the winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date, or otherwise not award the Prizes. Entry constitutes consent to the use of a Prize winner’s name, voice, picture and/or likeness without compensation for promotional purposes to the extent allowed by law.
- RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, you release Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their partners, employees, directors, officers, members, managers, agents, advertising agencies, legal representatives and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of a Prize, and you agree that these entities or persons are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion, a Prize and/or the awarding of any prize other than as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By entering the Contest, you further agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in North Carolina. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than that of North Carolina.
- WINNERS’ NAMES: To receive the names of the prize winner, please mail a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by 2/13/17 and received no later than 2/18/17, to 2017 Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Humidor Contest Winner List, Attention: Addis de la Fuente, Casa de Montecristo, 5900 N. Andrews Avenue, Suite 600, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
- SPONSOR: Casa de Montecristo, 5900 N. Andrews Avenue, Suite. 600, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.